DAY 165: 7 REASONS TO BE (sort of) CHEERFUL…
After all this bad news a sprinkling of good news..
OK, this doesn’t make up for the sorry situation of the lost Galgo and Podenco in the last post, but its something positive at least. Feast on it while you can.
1) Ebro, the Galgo that we suspect had both his front legs deliberately broken, has stood up for the first time. He’s done so actually a little BEFORE he is meant to but you can’t keep a good dog down
GO EBRO !
If any dog’s story is symbolic of the power of recovery in the face of so much suffering then his is the story.
2) Prince is doing brilliantly. Here is a recent picture showing him already looking more regal (he’s already more stately than Prince Harry although that’s not saying much)
3) Ete and Belen are safely at Charlotte’s and already making themselves at home. Three cheers for Charlotte (again).
4) You’ve all be writing in and giving advice about the stray dogs that I couldn’t catch as mentioned here. Here is what I hope to do:
I am going to offer some extra funds I received from new print sales to paying for enough food for the dogs over the next two weeks OR for homing one or both of these dogs if they are caught for a few weeks until we get them to a shelter. But no promises that anyone can catch these dogs.
AND I’m going to try and go back. I want to both take more pictures to make a complete series on Galgos with a view to making an exhibition AND if possible I’m going to try and help catch the dogs.
NO PROMISES I can do anything at all. In fact its highly unlikely but I will try.
5) The photos I’ve taken have been getting a lot of press and generating awareness. Here is one link to a prominent site about dogs and art.
I also have a major newspaper in the UK very interested in publishing about Prince. So a little effort does pay off after all.
6) You’ll see I have a new link above for selling prints
The print sales did so well there’s a dedicated little shop here to raise money. And …wait for it, I’ve been doing some sketches of Galgos too which I might try and sell. Will let you know more..
7) And finally….
I came back to rainy England and just saw this incredible woman walk down the street. She said the hat was made by her nephew…I hope her nephew wasn’t taking the piss but I think its brilliant.