DAY 269: TODAY IS BEST DAY OF THE YEAR – IT JUST TURNED TO SHIT. CHINA TO KILL 1000’s OF DOGS
I love summer solstice.
As someone that doesn’t do well with darkness – both outside and inside the soul- the longest day of the year is something I feel more important than christmas day. Light and life and hippies and yoga and all that.
So it’s with anger and sadness (and something closer to a fist in a wall) that I read that some people are celebrating in a less than positive way – by eating thousands of dogs.
What a f**cking suprise, its in China. Excuse my French. As you know I’m now working on wild animals and my dog days are temporarily behind me (not for long) but I can’t help post about this stuff.
In Yulin province in China it is estimated that today – right now in fact – the Chinese will be killing over 10,000 dogs to savour the delicacy with some wine and lychees. It is claimed (known) that some dogs will be killed with knives, electrocuted or boiled/skinned alive. But hey – it’s worth it. Because dog meat cures impotence, old age, probably cancer and almost certainly a total f**cking gullibility in the non-effectiveness of traditional medicines.
Now is the time to repeat that the sign on the illegal dog-meat restaurant has changed from San Miguel to Coke. We must write to coke – not in fury but in asking them to take the sign down and publicly denounce this trade. Coke have not put this sign up, the restuarant has but it is now Coke’s duty to dissociate their name. Let’s see if they care (see below for what to do)
Now that I have stopped eating meat I feel a little less of a wanker for criticising others that eat dog. Straightening out my soul is doing some good. Shame it can’t help these poor dogs…for now.
MORE INFO AND WHAT TO DO:
MOST IMPORTANT: SPREAD THE WORD ON TWITTER AND FACEBOOK BY LINKING TO THIS BLOG OR ANY OF THE BELOW.
1) Write a letter to Coke (politely please) explaining that they have a sign on the front of a Filipino restaurant that is known to openly sell dog-meat even though it is illegal in the country (attach the below picture and link to my blog). Ask them to take it down and officially condemn the practice of eating dog meat on both humane and health grounds (it is a known rabies risk).
Email coke direct: https://secure.thecoca-colacompany.com/ssldocs/mail/eQuery_product.shtml
Facebook coke: https://www.facebook.com/cocacola
2) Sign a petition here to the UK government (this is actually to urge the South Korean government to stop farming dogs but its all part of the same fight)
3) Follow and support NO TO DOG MEAT.com
4) Read a far less angry and more balanced view than my own here to understand that this really happening
5) FB the ‘no to dog meat page’
6) Tweet tweet tweet!!!!
SHAME ON THOSE IN CHINA THAT DO THIS TO DOGS.